GEI is among the very few companies offering the amazing technology of ChLCD — cholesteric liquid crystal displays, also known as bi-stable — that can hold a color image even after its power is turned off. This makes ChLCD the perfect technology for electronic shelf label (ESL) applications as it offers excellent readability with incredible savings in energy costs as power is required only when the display needs to be changed.
There are many other applications for ChLCD. Most importantly, GEI is fully authorized to use this technology. For more information or a quote, please visit our Contact page. Some overall specifications of GEI’s ChLCD modules include…
- Outline: normal, special shape
- Size: designd to customer specifications
- Operating temperature: -20 ℃ – 70 ℃
- Storage temperature: -20 ℃ – 70 ℃
- Display type: segment or graphic
- Display mode: reflective
- Applications include ESL, energy meters, U-sticks, industrial instruments, and many more
Here are some more visual examples of GEI’s ChLCD modules.